Compression moulding, used for compression mould, is a moulding process according to the characteristics of each stage in thermosetting plastic’s curing reaction.
Compression moulding normally uses a hydraulic press in which a mould is fixed on the top and bottom platens of the press. The compression mould consists of a top cavity and a bottom cavity designed to produce the part to be manufactured and heated to the desired moulding temperature. Compression moulds can be classified as hand moulds, used for trial runs; semiautomatic, in which the press follows a programmed cycle but the operator manually loads and unloads the press, and automatic, which operate under a fully automatic press cycle (including automatic loading and unloading).
The moulding process is as follows:
- Step1 – Powdery, granular or fibrous plastic is put into the cavity of mould at the moulding temperature.
- Step2 – The compression mould is closed and pressurized to form and cure it.
- Step3 – The product is ejected by ejector, repairing the flash.
Compression moulding Vs Injection moulding
injection moulding can produce high quality products with complex structures. However, the strength of products is not enough, while compression moulding allows longer fiber materials with very good strength and toughness. Moulds for compression moulding are generally simpler than their injection mould counterparts. There is no sprue and runner system in a compression mould and the process itself is generally limited to simpler part geometries due to the lower flow capabilities of the starting thermosetting materials.
- 1. At present, it is not suitable for molding complex products with depressions, side slopes or small holes.
- 2. Burrs must be trimmed manually
- 3. For thermosetting plastics, when the molded products have slight defects, they are often unable to be recycled.
- 1. Suitable for mass production, short cycle and high efficiency;
- 2. The loss of raw materials is small, and the mould wear is small, and the maintenance cost of the mold is low.
- 3. It can be used to form large flat products. High dimensional accuracy, small shrinkage, low internal stress, the mechanical properties are relatively stable. The surface is smooth without secondary modification.
- 4. Advanced composite materials are used to ensure better mechanical properties of the products.
Compression Mould Supplier
Compression moulding are one of MDC’s largest products, including SMC mouldings, BMC mouldings, and the design, produce, manufacture of carbon fiber mouldings. MDC thinks that for compression moulding, material, shape, pressure, temperature, part thickness, cycle time must be considered. MDC has mastered and innovated the moulding process, analyzed the characteristics of the materials and the requirements of the products, and considered the applied pressure, temperature, time and other factors to ensure the uniform flow of the materials in the cavity of mould and fill the gaps to obtain the perfect products.
related catagory Global News
Link to this article：COMPRESSION MOULD
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks