Natural diamond high-gloss tool milling for copper parts, aluminum plates, etc. Ultra-fine turning technology for acquiring optical mirrors is a new process technology developed in the 1960s. It’s almost 60 years old. In addition to the recent introduction of computer numerically controlled (CNC) ultra-precision lathes, CNC highlighting has made great strides, making it possible to replace grinding with high-gloss milling.
The elements of CNC high gloss processing
In recent years, with the development of high-performance, high-precision Cnc Machine tools and excellent diamond tools. CNC’s high-gloss machining process has made great strides, and high-gloss milling rather than grinding has matured. The principle of CNC highlighting is to use diamond high gloss knives in precision Cnc Machining equipment and use scientific and rational cutting parameters and processes to achieve a brilliant surface effect.
The following is an overview of the CNC highlighting elements.
- (1) Machine tools: Since highlighting requires the excellent rigidity and precision of machine tools, it is essential to use precision CNC machine tools for highlighting. Precision CNC engraving machine etc. (General speed is 20000 to 10000 rpm).
- (2) Tool: A diamond high-gloss knife is required to achieve a high-gloss effect. Diamond high-gloss knives are the standard for CNC highlighting. Diamond’s high-gloss cutting edge does not allow you to see notched burrs under a high-magnification microscope and can withstand long-term cutting without deformation. The coefficient of friction between diamond and non-ferrous metal is very small, chips do not stick to the blade and no build-up edges are generated. Therefore, the cutting edge is always cut directly into the work during machining, and stable size and high brightness can be obtained.
- (3) Work: Aluminum and copper are included in the materials suitable for high-gloss processing. When machining aluminum and aluminum, the brightness is maximized and tool wear is minimized. When processing copper parts, the brightness is relatively bright and the tool wear is second.
- (4) Process: The cutting speed of mirror milling is usually about 30 m / s. To be able to machine the perfect workpiece, the spindle must be dynamically balanced after the tool change to minimize ripples due to the dynamic imbalance of the workpiece surface. Diamond tools generally do not require the addition of coolant as they have high thermal conductivity and the amount of cutting for high gloss machining is not large.
- (5) Application: The tendency of high-gloss processing of hardware is clear. Aluminum highlights are mainly used in the 3C industry, such as mobile phones, shells for digital products, and some aluminum sheets. Then, after high light, it is oxidized a second time to enhance the wear resistance in the high light region.
The CNC highlighting range
(1) Processing material:
Acrylic, plexiglass, copper alloy, copper parts, aluminum alloys, aluminum materials, die-cast aluminum parts, aluminum parts, copper alloys, copper parts, magnesium alloys, zinc alloys, acrylics, etc.
(2) Machined parts:
Watch case, cell phone frame, cell phone case, TV case, camera focus hardware highlight, cell phone button, cell phone camera, cell phone middle frame, ring, pendant, speaker, digital camera, 3D complex hardware, hardware Wear decorative film, etc.
Carbide diamond tools effectively remove burrs and beryllium surfaces around the work piece, and the work quality is good, so the machined product achieves a perfect mirror effect.
Diamond high gloss cutter
Third, Diamond Highlights Advantages of Cutting Tools
- (1) The surface finish of the machine is high, and the diamond high gloss tool has a sharp and accurate cutting edge and a fine finish. In addition, the anti-vibration design suppresses vibration during the machining process and improves the stability of parts during machining. The surface quality of the machining has been greatly improved so that the surface is not scratched, and the tool angle and shank diameter can be customized according to the machining needs of the customer!
- (2) High-speed processing, especially high-brightness processing. Products treated with carbide diamond high-gloss knives have a high finish and are free of burrs, white lines, and dark spots on the surface. In addition, the tool life is 20 to 100 times the life of a normal tool, saving time for frequent tool changes and tool settings, and ensuring consistent processing.
- (3) High processing efficiency and speed can reach (5000-100000r / min). Machining efficiency is greatly improved, machining costs are reduced, and cutting fluid is not normally used. It is environmentally friendly and reliable.
Ultra-precision diamond highlight cutting tools
- (1) Optical tool: A diamond ultra-fine tool mainly used for nanometer-precision optical processing to realize an optical-grade processing mirror. High-precision optical lenses, eyeglass lenses, contact lenses, digital electronics industry, automobile industry, aerospace industry, medical industry, and other optical equipment. Excellent performance, high hardness and abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction, high modulus of elasticity, high thermal conductivity, low coefficient of thermal expansion.
- (2) Acrylic cutter: Single crystal diamond highlight knife, chamfering knife, etc. It is mainly used for trimming organic sheets such as acrylic, plexiglass, light guide plate, and high-gloss mirror translucent effect. It can also be used for polarizers, backlights, and plexiglass matte edge treatment. Must be used with a cutter head balanced with a diamond grinding machine.
- (3) 3C high gloss cutter: diamond chamfering cutter, arc milling cutter, ball end milling cutter, diamond blade. It is mainly used for processing 3C industry such as aluminum alloy mobile phone casing. Due to the high light effect, the surface finish of the processed workpiece is high, with no patterns, white lines or dark spots on the surface. This presents a great market opportunity for high-gloss processing of metal in mobile phones.
Link to this article：Milling knife to handle the Miller effect of copper and aluminum alloy parts
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank